These questions may be on your test. If you can’t
answer them all, Re-read your state CDL Manual ( Air Brakes Section)
- Why must air tanks be drained?
- What is a supply pressure gauge used for?
- All vehicles with air brakes must have a low
air pressure warning signal. True or False?
- What are spring brakes?
- Front wheel brakes are good under all
conditions. True or False?
- How do you know if your vehicle is
equipped with antilock brakes?
- What is a dual air brake system?
- What are the slack adjusters?
- How can you check slack adjusters?
- How can you test the low pressure warning
- How can you check that the spring brakes come
- What are the maximum leakage rates?
- Why should you be in the proper gear before
starting down a hill?
- What factors can cause brakes to fade or fail?
- The use of brakes on a long, steep downgrade
is only a supplement to the braking effect of
the engine. True or False?
- If you are away from your vehicle only a short
time, you do not need to use the parking
brake. True or False?
- How often should you drain air tanks?
- How should you brake when you drive a
tractor-trailer combination with ABS?
- You still have normal brake functions if your
ABS is not working. True or False?